Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrift Finds!

I've been visiting the local Salvation Army thrift store (the only local non-profit) more often than usual lately because I'm on the prowl for a hard suitcase to make a display like this for the remaining farmer's markets and for the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.

So far, I haven't had any luck, but I've found all sorts of other great things. Things like this vintage Singer Sewing Machine! I'm sticking with my Pfaff for all my sewing needs, but this baby is pretty darn cool, and it has taken up residence on my dresser for now.

I also found this white and blue striped fabric and fashioned it into a pillowcase.

Annnnd! These cute little glass containers for storing bits and bobs.

Oh, Oh! And one more thing! I found a cork-board and some pale turquoise wallpaper with little white polka-dots. I put them together, and Voila! A hanging thingy for my measuring tape.
What about you? Do you thrift? Find anything good lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment